At the end of this post is an opportunity to win a $50 Macy's gift card. You don't have to be a small business owner to enter the contest, but if you are a small business owner you're going to want to read on about The Workshop at Macy's. I've been working with Macy's for some time and, as I sit here writing this, I wish I was a small business owner who could apply for this amazing opportunity.
The Workshop at Macy’s is an opportunity to learn how to scale your business sustainably and effectively for working long-term with a major retailer. Macy’s is holding an Open Call for applications for the Workshops now through February 11, 2011. If you are a small business, hoping to work with a major retailer, this is such an incredible opportunity. Here's a little bit about the program:
- An exclusive program located at Macy’s Herald Square Corporate Offices in Manhattan, New York, designed by Macy’s senior level merchants and learning and development experts
- A unique learning opportunity with courses taught by retail experts and accredited faculty
- Exposure to successful multicultural and women business owners
- Interaction with experienced merchants, industry leaders and private brand specialists
- An opportunity to network, collaborate and engage with fellow aspiring vendors
I know that many of you have built small businesses, working from your homes or small shops. I am always inspired by the things you have accomplished and honestly believe that many of you would be absolutely perfect for the Macy's Workshops. Take a chance and apply today!
Now, for everybody: Enter to win a $50 gift card to Macy's by telling me what kind of small business you would have, if you had one (if you already have a small business, tell us what it is!). I'll select a winner by random drawing this Friday.
A few rules: the contest is open to U.S. residents. I will contact the winners by email. You have 24 hours to respond. Slice of Pink is solely responsible for this content.